Sunday, November 15, 2009

Overpackaging

I was happy to find a great sale over the weekend and picked up some more slacks and long-sleeved shirts. (Which is good, because I always have the fear that my students will eventually notice I keep re-wearing the same things over and over. I know it's unlikely, but it still bothers me.) It struck me while I was trying to get everything into the laundry that shirts have way too much stuff attached when sold.

For the standard (folded) shirt, I had to remove: a size sticker on the back of the collar and another on the front, pieces of cardboard and plastic to hold the collar up just so, three clips and a pin from the back of the shirt so I could get to and remove the big flat piece of cardboard and some tissue paper (for some reason), another pin at the neck, and then two tags attached on the front somewhere (one from manufacturer and one from the store). Some shirts had a few extra clips/pins to stick one cuff out on the front of the shirt.

I'm glad I don't feel the need to store shirts this way in my closet, because I don't think I have the origami skills to put it all back the way I found it, either.

No comments: