Wednesday, November 11, 2009

November

November is NaNoWriMo, National Novel Writing Month. The goal is to try to write a novel (50,000 words) by the end of November. It's an interesting idea, but I'm not really interested in trying to write a novel now. (I actually worked on a novel at one point in my life, but the idea is not really appealing to me now.)

However, there is also a parallel event inspired by NaNoWriMo, the NaBloPoMo, which (of course) is National Blog Posting Month. Here the goal is just to post to your blog every day for a month. (Actually, they now extend NaBloPoMo to every month, but originally it was based on NaNoWriMo.) I thought this sounded like a reasonable idea, so I decided I'd try it this November. (I'm not doing anything official, I'm just posting every day for a month.) It sounded interesting and I figured it would be good for me. And it might make me put together some postings. I'm now just past the one-third mark, so I figured it would be a good time to explain.

So this answers the question on a few people's minds about "Why has he started posting all the time?" Although maybe the answer is really just that I decided to do it.

No comments: