Friday, October 28, 2005

So I'm not Unique

My students' potentially differening opinions notwithstanding, I am not in fact unique.

There is another TMWA, namely the Truckee Meadows Water Authority. A brief comparison seems in order, so that in case you meet one of us on the street one day, you can identify which you are speaking to:
  • Them: Employs approximately 160 people.
    Me: Employs approximately 0 people.
  • Them: In Nevada.
    Me: In Virginia.
  • Them: Teaches Reno, Sparks, and Washoe County how to conserve water.
    Me: Teaches math to approximately 200 students.
  • Them: Treat water.
    Me: Drinks water (when Coke Zero is not available).
I hope this helps clear up any lingering confusion.

This has been a reasonably non-productive alternative to finishing grading two large stacks of tests, which I am not enjoying. We now return to our regularly scheduled procrastination.

No comments: