Monday, January 30, 2006

I'm being stalked by a meadow

OK, so some time back, I posted about the other TMWA on the web: the Truckee Meadows Water Authority, which is the first thing which comes up when you search for TMWA, and which is probably why I'm missing out on all that traffic from random people searching for "TMWA" as a lark.

A few weeks ago while job hunting, I discovered a posting from a Truckee Meadows Community College district. I'm not really looking for community college jobs, but I stared at this for a minute or two before I remembered where I'd seen it before. I thought it was kind of amusing, but otherwise ignored it.

More recently, I've been looking for an on-line homework system to replace the one we used to use from the textbook publisher (see "Never Trust a Publisher" and "More on Publishers" below). My favorite system has a listing of colleges which have the system installed and running. Their are nine sites listed, and there at number six is... Truckee Meadows Community College.

Of course, incidents two and three are not necessarily unrelated. If the system was installed this year, there may be some faculty member going "Oh my gosh, I don't want to learn all that!", which is why they suddenly have a vacancy. Maybe I need to encourage schools I'm interested in to adopt complicated systems.

No comments: